Moto Arena To Launch At Silverstone
Moto Arena – the world’s first radio-controlled model and virtual racing destination – launches at Silverstone
The world’s first radio controlled model and virtual racing destination – Moto Arena – is set to open its doors to the public in six weeks’ time, when it is unveiled at the iconic Silverstone Motor Racing Circuit. Moto Arena, the product of years of development, will offer a full range of radio control (RC), slot car and simulator attractions for motorsport enthusiasts, professional RC racers, corporate groups and families alike, including:
- A world-class outdoor competition track for RC circuit racing
- The world’s largest permanent indoor RC model track
- A â€˜rock and rubble canyon’ and dedicated â€˜green lane’ track for the ultimate RC off-road experience
- World War Two diorama (mini landscape) for tank battles
- Dedicated RC helicopter and aviation zones
- Replica Formula 1, WRC, Superbike and dune buggy simulators
- The world’s largest 8-lane slot car racing track
Visitors will be able to hire remote control vehicles and buy practice sessions, with on-site tuition provided by Moto Arena to test their skills on the various courses. Experienced RC drivers and pilots will be encouraged to bring their own kits and participate in Moto Arena’s official race meetings, or simply set new track and air assault times.
Moto Arena guests will be able to make a pit stop at Delmonico’s Cafe, a chic, contemporary cafe offering a taste of Italy, or will be able to â€˜try and buy’ an unrivalled range of model and remote controlled vehicles and other Grand Prix and general motorsport products from the venue’s showroom-style retail outlet. Entry to Moto Arena is free, with RC sessions costing from a few pounds. Visitors will be able to purchase â€˜smart cards’ which will be redeemable against the RC attractions, purchases from the retail outlet or Delmonico’s Cafe.
The new Moto Arena leisure attraction will be based at a dedicated 36,000 square feet, three-storey venue in the heart of the Silverstone circuit. Moto Arena has already teamed up with its neighbour to provide joint motorsport packages which will include a visit to the remote control venue and either a Silverstone track tour or rally experience, to create the ultimate day out.
Grant Collins, Managing Director for Moto Arena, said:
- â€œMoto Arena has been a dream of ours for over seven years. The joy of seeing that dream become a reality is overwhelming.â€
Richard Phillips, Managing Director for Silverstone stated:
- â€œWe are delighted to welcome Moto Arena to the Silverstone complex. This unique new concept will complement the many world class experiences we already offer.â€