Neumann Does The Petit Double
Report Tom Stacey
Wins for JÃ¶rn Neumann and Richard Lowe as the Petit RC series returned to the UK for its fourth instalment.
The Petit RC invitational race returned to the indoor Maritime Raceway in Kent for the second year running, welcoming drivers from Europe and Japan to compete for the title of Petit RC champion 2010. Lee Martin was looking to defend his 2WD title, as was Tony Truman in 4WD and Richard Lowe in the stadium truck class.
The track had been changed and calmed down a little from 2009, whilst still keeping the infamous â€˜wall of death’ and corner tabletop that sorted the men from the boys! The opinion from the drivers was generally very good, although the choice of FTD for qualifying was something that most are not used to these days, even though the very consistent track lent itself well to such a qualifying system.
As this was a two-day event, Saturday would be the longer day, encompassing both the truck and 2WD classes. After four rounds of qualifying, Ellis Stafford took an impressive FTD in the last round to put him on pole, whilst Richard Lowe put his truck at the front of the grid. Sadly, Ellis could not turn round his pole into a win as Germany’s JÃ¶rn Neumann dominated the first two legs of the 2WD A final to take an awesome win from Lee Martin driving an Atomic Carbon CR2 with Kyosho’s Shin Adachi coming home in third. The truck class was once again dominated by Richard Lowe with his Associated T4, while Shin Adachi finished behind him in the Kyosho Ultima RT5 and the X Factory X-60 of Bruno Heremans completed the top three.
On Sunday, the 4WD class saw 2WD winner JÃ¶rn Neumann get the FTD to start on pole – the only Yokomo chassis in the top ten. JÃ¶rn then left it down to the third leg of the A final before cementing a victory in the 4WD to add to his five previous Petit RC wins! His effortless driving style put him well ahead of second place Lee Martin’s Tamiya and Richard Lowe driving a BJ4 in third.
For a full report including all the new kit spotted in the pits by Racer’s spies, please make sure you pick up the April edition of Racer Magazine.
2wd A Final – Result
- 1 JÃ¶rn Neumann Associated B4
- 2 Lee Martin Atomic Carbon CR2
- 3 Shin Adachi Kyosho RB5
- 4 Richard Cree Kyosho RB5
- 5 Tom Cockerill X Factory X-6 Squared
- 6 Nathan Waters X Factory X-6 Squared
- 7 Ellis Stafford X Factory X-6 Squared
- 8 Tony Truman Associated B4
- 9 Yannic Pruemper Durango DEX210
- 10 Simon Willetts Kyosho RB5
Truck A Final – Result
- 1 Richard Lowe Associated T4
- 2 Shin Adachi Kyosho Ultima RT5
- 3 Bruno Heremans X Factory X-60
- 4 Ellis Stafford X Factory X-60
- 5 Cyril Baldini
- 6 Matt Owen
- 7 James Helliwell
- 8 Dan Greenwood
- 9 Stefan Mesker
- 10 Ben Hubbard
4WD A Final – Result
- 1 JÃ¶rn Neumann Yokomo Bmax4
- 2 Lee Martin Tamiya TRF 511X
- 3 Richard Lowe JConcepts BJ4 WE
- 4 Shin Adachi Kyosho ZX-5 FS
- 5 Richard Cree Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 FS
- 6 Cyril Baldini Durango DEX410
- 7 Simon Moss Schumacher CAT SX
- 8 Tony Truman Associated B44
- 9 Elliott Boots Associated B44
- 10 Nathan Waters Durango DEX410