Fastrax Summer Series 2010 – Round 1




So here we are again, the second year of the Fastrax Summer series at the excellent Stoke Nitro club track based opposite the speedway circuit in Stoke. Iain McCallum reports…

The weather was great, a little cloudy but warm and dry. A good turn out of high quality drivers in both truggy and buggy promised a good days racing for all. The track had been shut for six weeks as the Stoke boys wanted to alter the layout, making it wider all round and more flowing. Anyway, enough guff and onto the racing.


First round honours went to Sean Bailey with Kev Davies just three seconds behind him and Adam Clay in third. An Associated 1,2 and 3 for round one then. All the top three posted new track records in the first round so more flowing it certainly was.

Round two saw the order change somewhat as the main men got to grips with the track. Stewart Quinn took top honours again with a new track record and an associated RC8T with Carl Dixon and his Losi in second and Kev improving but dropping down to third.

Round three saw no improvement to anyone’s time and as dark menacing clouds started to make an appearance the slight showers that followed saw the grid stay the same for the final fourth round. Qualifying finished with the amazing Associated RC8T in five of the top six positions.


First round TQ went to Mark Redmond with Dennis Holding in second and Adrian Dean in third, all three were separated by four seconds. Round two saw no change to the top three as the big boys struggled to come to terms with the new layout. One mistake and the round was lost as the track was now very very quick!

Scott Francis was the first to show how fast the track had become in round three taking TQ by one second from Mark Redmond and third again Adrian Dean, all top three improving and only three second between them this time.

All change again in the final round as Adrian Dean posted the fastest time of the day in buggy, beating Scott’s time by eight hundreds of a second. The afore mentioned Scott in second with a blistering run from Dennis Holding pushing Mark into fourth by two hundredths of a second. With the top four split by one and a half seconds, the final was sure to be a close encounter!


These were a washout literally as the main A final in truggy was halted with only six minutes gone due to the hardest rain the writer has ever seen. The track was submerged in less than five minutes and all racing was stopped for the day as the rain just continued to pour from the sky.

It was agreed by the meeting organiser and the CML representative to abandon the race, with all qualifying positions in the finals not run to stand as overall finishing positions. A shame really as both main A finals were set to be very close with anyone of four, in both classes, a strong candidate for the win.

So that’s it till round two on the 25th July. Many thanks to Jared and Mick of Stoke Nitro who run there meetings so efficiently but with lots of fun and humour. A better track in the country there is not…well done boys.


Source: CML Distribution



Share →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *